Sunday, September 28, 2014

Falling in love (with cycling)

I went for a little ride to the Buda-moutains. At the morning I had a little trouble 'cos my tires were little loose and when I tried to pump them my pump made everything just worse. So I went to the shop were I bought the bike and asked the guy there to pump them and he was kind and did it. (Bikebase). After this I started my trip and I really loved it. I mean cycling at the mountains, especially going uphill. It was harder than I thought but now I now it is something I wanna do more and try to get better. Below is a map where I draw to route as well as I remember, it might be a little different than the real route I took and a few pictures from the trip. The streets were quiet, altitude differences quite huge and the first part going uphill was pretty slow. Downhill part was really fast and also a bit scary though my breaks works perfectly but still you need to break almost all the time to not ride too fast. At the hills also the streets were in better condition than in the city and in addition I saw few nice homes there and a Porsche 911.
The route
Pretty cool view to the city between the trees

Steep and narrow street

Steep street again

Nice houses with an awesome view to the city

Back home and the bike
Next was the visit to the Parliament House. Of course we waited like an hour to get in(always in here!). We met at 3pm and get in the Parliament House at 4pm. The building was really nice and we  had there a guided tour for 30 minutes. We saw the session hall, a cigar hall where the Members of Parliament go between the sessions and which was rounded by statues of regular working hungarians(from early1900s or late 1800s) to remind representatives who they are really working for, the main entrance inside and the crawl hall(where we weren't allowed to take pictures).

Statue just in a corridor



The session hall

Cigar hall or just a break room, with the worker statues(really cool idea!)

Main entrance from inside


Roof of the main entrance



Parliament building outside, I know not a good picture
just from the place we were waiting. Better ones and some history of the place

No comments:

Post a Comment