Monday, November 10, 2014

ICELAND!!!

Well, the weekend before last one I had my sister visiting me and I showed some of Budapest to her. Obviously she liked it here, beautiful city, nice bars, restaurants and Danube. Tuesday I had an exam in Combustion technology so I couldn't just enjoy the life but after that it was the time for Iceland-trip to see my girlfriend, great shows and very sympathetic city and country.

I loved my time in there in Iceland, I met some great people, eat good food and enjoyed my time there! The Iceland Airwaves was a great festival, especially Friday and Saturday there was some great artists too. For example we saw FM Belfast, Ballet School, Klangkarusell and Hozier. There were every day from around 2pm till 19pm off-venue gigs and after that the bands started to play in bigger venues. About Reykjavik, it is small city, but has surprisingly many restaurants and cafes. Though it was quite cold there so we weren't able to walk so much around the city but I really liked the centre area with old wood houses. I will come back to Iceland with more time than this time!
Between the European and American tectonic plates

Breadsoup

From Blue lagoon
Blue lagoon

We found a polar bear!!!


Whale and grilled salmon

Double espresso, cookie and Hanna's sugar addict's daydream (latte) in a cosy bookshop/cafe 
View of Reykjavik from the pond 
Church



Lobster soup
Cell7, an Icelandic rapper whose English was perfect

HOZIER!!! The artist we waited most to see and it was worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment