Thursday, August 14, 2014

Preparation for the life in Budapest

There have happened a lot since last post. I have done registration to BME and to the courses I am going to take. This system via it is done NEPTUN isn't perfect for example it doesn't work at Chrome-browser. Though it is easier to use than LUT equivalent Weboodi because the course search and it has Class-schedule itself. I registered for couple courses I'm not sure do I want to study but from earlier blogs of earlier Exchange students I have heard it is easier to enroll yourself for too many courses before semester than try to register late... Most of the courses 70% has to be mechanical engineering studies and now 22/28 credits is from the faculty of Mechanical Engineer. Courses I will take and the number of credits each:


Heat Transfer 4





Energy Processes and Equipments 5
Diffusion Processes 2
Air-Conditioning 4
Communication Skills - English 2
Combustion Technology 4
English for Engineers 2
Environmental Management of Energy 2
Pedagogy (Digital Pedagogy) 2






















My class schedule: not much at the end of the week ;D







































I also have now sign my rental agreement which was a lot more thorough I would never guessed. It seems fine and I will get the keys first evening I arrive Budapest 28.8. Yes, I also bought flight ticket to Budapest. One way.. ;) It wasn't much cheaper to buy two-way ticket and I don't know for sure when I will come back but most likely the exams for foreign students will be before Christmas so I will be home by that. Nevertheless I will come home for Christmas.  If exams are at January, it will make life a bit trickier because I wouldn't have the apartment and I have plans to travel South-Korea after Christmas etc...

Today I visit at the Insurance Company and checked about my travel insurance. It includes the liability or third-part-insurance if I accidentally for example water damage at the apartment I am renting. It also includes insurance for legal cost if I get in trouble with my landlord. Only problem is that every month after being 3 months abroad I need to buy an extra month which costs almost the same than the travel insurance for year if you aren't abroad more than 3 moths at one time. So I will either buy the extra month or visit Finland for one weekend before December.

Yesterday was my last day at work this summer so I will have two weeks vacation and enjoy my last moments at Finland for this year. Almost everything I need to do before leaving I have done, only to try to spend time with friends and relatives. Unfortunately the time will probably be too short to see everyone I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment